Sentiment & the Start of the Obsession

Jewelry evokes such a sentimentality in us.  It can be the link to our pasts or the promise of our futures.  Each piece can remind of us a certain time, a special person or a memorable event.  And they don't have to be an expensive piece to hold a special place in our hearts.  Sentimental jewelry is a timeline of our lives.

So today, I'm taking a little walk down memory lane on my own jewelry timeline...


A vintage sterling silver heart bracelet from Tiffany & Co. that was a gift my Grandparents when they returned from a trip to New York City when I was a child.  Look how tiny my wrist was!  (BTW, I'm the little girl in the blue denim dress & those are my cousins & Grandparents at Christmas time.  What can I say, it was the 1970s...)


Another gift from my Grandparents, a 24k yellow gold cross from a trip they took to Jerusalem.  (My sisters & I with my Grandparents before a parade in our hometown where we rode in their Ford Model T.  I'm the one in black dress with my Grandma.)


Ah, the college years at Cottey College with my suite-mates for the Christmas formal!  This necklace is onyx & glass in pot metal.  It's worthless monetarily but to me, it's priceless.  My Grandma owned this necklace & passed it down to me.


And present day...Art Deco white gold & pave diamond earrings, circa 1920s.  I wore these earrings to the
Mr. & I's wedding two years ago with several layered vintage necklaces.

What piece started your collection / obsession?  Let us know on Instagram (@InspiredAntiquity) or Twitter (@NpiredAntiquity) with hashtag #StartedMyObsession for a chance to be featured in a future Inspired Antiquity blog!


Be sure and follow Inspired Antiquity on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/InspiredAntiquity, Twitter: @NpiredAntiquity, Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/tkmb & Instagram: InspiredAntiquity

Comments

Popular Posts